Thursday, March 3, 2011

The blog is BACK!!


Ok. So I'm annoyed right now. Due to terrible cell service, the delightfully exuberant inaugural blog post that I crafted from my seat in steerage did not post or save. Drat. You all missed out - it was a classic!

Oh well - inaugural blog post, take 2.

So it's official! Continent #6! I guess hong kong counts as the continent of Asia even though it's an island. But I am here. I survived a 14.5hr flight and am feeling great!

Thought on the flight:
- Cathay lived up to its expectations. Great food, comfortable seats, good entertainment selection.
- Stanley Tucci is like Meryl Streep - he shines in everything. Even Burlesque.
- Ambien truly is a wonder drug. I was passed out for approximately 10 of those 14.5 hrs.

And so my travel day continues. In an hour or so I'll fly on to Ho Chi Minh City where I have a lengthy layover before my final flight for the day(s) to Siem Reap, Cambodia. I get there at 5:30pm local time - 34 hours after leaving Austin. :) this is definitely the longest consecutive time I will have ever travelled. Oh wait. Possibly my return trip from my semester abroad: Marbella - Madrid - Rome - Florence - Paris - NY - Dallas. But I was younger then! This feels like a long day of travel! I'm actually really enjoying it though. The last few weeks have been incredibly stressful, so it is nice to know that there is nothing I HAVE to do right now except show up for my flights. Its great to catch up on reading and movie watching and BLOGGING!

So enjoy kids. I'll try to keep you entertained by my adventures and musings and observations.

Until next time!!

她家快速不会

(I have no idea what that said, but it's in Chinese in honor of my current location.)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Hong Kong airport

1 comment: