Thursday, March 3, 2011

Upgrade!!

So I made it to Ho Chi Minh City! Uneventful flight save the times I got bizarre looks from people because I was laughing OUTLOUD to season 1 of modern family on the little tvs. Other than that, not much.

I got to HCM at about 11am and had to kill a couple of hours before they would let me check in, so I snagged a quiet corner and watched a movie on my phone. The corner was quiet because interestingly, only passengers are allowed inside the airport. The curb was a ZOO! They even have little cafes out at the curb because so many people are waiting. I also caught my first truly Asian sight - an entire parking garage of scooters and motorbikes! Crazy! It was jammed. I'm really excited to be back here on Sunday to see the city streets in action.

So I checked in and low and behold, somehow I have a biz class seat! I vaguely remember booking biz on this leg bc it was cheaper for some reason. Lucky me! But even luckier, that ticket buys my way into the exclusive biz class lounge! Complimentary lunch buffet, tons of snacks and free booze!!? Yep. I'm on vacay now! :)





2 more hours to wait and then a short flight before I arrive in Siem Reap. Unfortunately my travel companions missed a connection and won't make it tonight. It's a bummer, but I am still excited to take every advantage of this weekend!!

Next stop Cambodia!

- Posted on the go...

Location:Business Class Lounge, HCM city airport

No comments:

Post a Comment