When we got there we opted for the 3 hour "Relax Package," which included massages, facials, sauna and jacuzzi time for $30. :) They gave us sandals and robes and led us up to the treatment rooms. We followed them through the doorway and into a room with two beds!! We were, of course, NOT expecting that. But when I'm Rome I guess! So that was the time Vanessa and I got a couples massage. :-p
The treatments were spectacular though and by the time we left there we were so relaxed that we could barely walk!
Back at the hotel we parted ways to regroup - originally we all had big plans for a girls' dinner and a visit to the traditional Water Puppet Theater. However, once I sat down i was done for. Room service and an HBO movie were the perfect evening after going non-stop for a week+.
Today was a looooong daytrip to Halong Bay. The bay is 4 hours from Hanoi, so we spent 8 hours+ on the bus today. Halong Bay was worth it though. Our group had a private junk (boat) and sailed all around the bay. In some ways it reminded me of St Lucia because of the sheer peaks jutting out of the water. There are almost 2000 limestone islands in the Halong. The weather was just so-so - fairly cool and foggy - but it added a mystic quality to the seascape. I took lots of pictures but forgot to take one on my phone so I could share.
I did, however, take a picture I'm the cave that we toured. It was being on the set of Goonies, seriously. Apparently this cave was discovered by a sailor looking for shelter during a monsoon. Wow - what a discovery! It is HUGE and full of spectacular stalactites and stalagmites. It is definitely a tourist attraction now. They have it all lit up inside with different colors like a disco!
Pretty cool, huh?
The drive back was very long. We all drank wine and beer on the boat, but the usual suspects didn't stop and proceeded to get drunk and loud and blast rap music. The tunes were fun for awhile, but after a couple hours I was READY to get off the bus.
We have a really early flight I'm the morning to Bangkok, so unfortunately it looks like this will be another night of a quick dinner in the hotel and early to bed before our 5am wakeup call.
Next time you hear from me I'll be in Thailand!!!
- Posted on the go...
Location:The Bus
No comments:
Post a Comment